|SAS: Zombie Assault 4 Weapon|
|- CM Gigavolt -|
|Manufacturer [?]||Critical Mass|
|Ammo Cost [?]||240 for 200|
|Rate of Fire||5 rps|
|Reload Time||2.5 seconds|
|Weapon Class||Assault Rifle|
|Single DPS [?]||1300|
|Pierce DPS [?]||12000|
note that number of arc is infinite, this DPS is based on 4 enemies grouped (1 "jump" of arc only).
Augmenting with deadly, overclocked, and piercing to grade 10 would result in 8X the value.
|Augmented DPS [?]||5,200|
|Ammo Used [?]||Shock Assault Rifle Ammo|
The CM Gigavolt is a fully automatic assault rifle. It fires bolts of energy that, upon impact with a zombie or other destructible object, creates electrical arcs which chain to nearby zombies/obstacles.
This gun excels against large groups of zombies.
Essentially an improved version of the Trailblazer, dealing slightly more damage and having a much bigger clip of 20 rounds, making it more suited for a primary weapon and horde clearing. The Trailblazer is also a good crowd control weapon, having the advantage over this weapon in terms of weight.
- As a weapon, it will arc to nearby zombie if triggered.
- Arcing will trigger upon hitting any destructible objects, or specifically, anything that will not cause bullets to leave impact spark, including anything destructible such as zombies, plants and all doors in Meltdown except lower main door as well as the train doors in Vaccine. This can be used as a tactic to hit enemies behind the mentioned doors.
- Triggering its arc will result in disengaging of the bullet, only one zombie getting hit by the initial shot.
- The CM Gigavolt appears to be the symbolic weapon for Medic class, as the beta Medic's picture, the current Medic's picture, and the logo for the Medic skill Protective Aura all feature this weapon.
- A 5/20/2016 update increased damage for the CM Gigavolt by 60/110/165 and delayed arcing to help reduce lag.
- The CM Gigavolt a "Christmas Edition" around Christmas. It was called the Jack Frost, replaced CM Gigavolt from Strongboxes and Crafting. Its description is "Am I on the naughty list?"