Grenades are Power-ups in SAS: Zombie Assault 2, SAS: Zombie Assault 2 Insane Asylum, SAS: Zombie Assault 3, in SAS: Zombie Assault 4 they are called M45 Fragmentation Grenade. They come in packs of eight, twelve or twenty, and, when thrown, explode, killing groups of Zombies. They can be thrown by pressing 'G'. In SAS 2 and Insane Asylum, they can be found randomly, where as in SAS 3 they can be bought (and still found randomly, however now in crates). They deal 500 damage.
- Use grenades against large groups of Swarm Zombie, chokers, and sprinters.
- Grenades are weak against Mamushkas and Butchers, unless you use a lot of grenades on them.
- Grenades are useless against Devastators unless you spam them with tons of grenades, which will cost a lot of money if you have to buy them.
- In SAS 4, grenades in singleplayer have a longer delay (1.5 seconds) before exploding.
- In SAS4, the value of purchasing a normal grenade is the same as the sell value when they become [RED]