OverviewEditSAS Zombie Assault TD is a tower defense game set in the SAS universe. In the game you play as a SAS squad commander tasked with destroying the oncoming zombie horde while civilians are being evacuated from nearby refugee camps. You are given access to automated turrets, SAS soldiers, and other supplies all of which can be upgraded to higher levels of zombie destruction
Automated Turrets are wonderful for both killing zombies and making paths. There are three base turrets in the game.
- Vickers Turret: A heavy machine gun turret able to keep up a steady stream of bullets.
- MGL Turret: An automated grenade launcher capable of knocking out large groups of zombies.
- Special Turret: It’s a lightning machine, it’s an acid gun, it’s a flamethrower, it’s all your worst nightmares in one upgradeable turret.
SAS soldiers are great at finishing off anything still moving after your turrets are done but, because they are still live humans they will be targeted by all zombies passing by. To increase chance of life place them on rooftops or other high places that zombies can’t get to.
- Machine Gun SAS: Much like the Vicker Turret these soldiers are great at keeping up a never ending onslaught of zombie re-death.
- Sniper SAS: By far the longest ranged unit on the battlefield these soldiers are great at picking off the stragglers or killing the bigger zombies that your turrets are having a hard time with.
Sometime even a wall of guns won’t cut it.
- Sandbag: Walls that are great for pathing. Use them to make kill-boxes for your turrets or merely to send zombies far out of the way so your turrets can kill them at lesure.
- Barbed Wire: Able to rip the dead flesh right off the zombies dead bones. Sometime able to kill zombies before they even reach your guns.
- Frag Grenade: Great for killing anything that gets past the range of your guns or for killing everything before it gets to your guns.
Premium items are bought using SAS Dollars or found in support crates sent every five waves. These items can turn the tide of battle when the going gets rough.
- Cryo Grenades: Liquid oxygen in a bottle...er... grenade. It can freeze smaller zombies to the ground and will slow bigger zombies to a crawl.
- Incendiary Grenades: Thermite grenades will burn any zombie to a crisp that manages to survive the initial blast.
- Necro Grenades: The most powerful grenade ever. one of these can kill anything up to and including Devastators.
- Mines: Set and forget. These are great at killing any zombies that made it past your defense.
- Repair Kits: Need your guns back online, like now? These will repair all turrets and heal all wounded in a small area.
- Longbow Support: This helicopter has miniguns, and rocket launchers and will stick around for several waves. Can be a lifesaver if called at the right time.
- Typhoon Bomber: The Royal Air Force (RAF) is here to help. Four bombers will drop a steady stream of explosives in a direct line.
- Necro Nuke: The pinnacle of zombie killing. It explodes and kills anything in its blast radius then leaves a cloud of anti-necrotic fumes, further killing anything that comes near.
See also: advanced zombie glossary (coming soon)
The zombie horde is vast and varied, but they all have one common goal: to kill you, and everyone you love. Most of the zombies are the same as from the other SAS games except for the last, the Ruin. Read up and know thy enemy.
- Swarm Zombie: The most common zombie you will encounter and the weakest.
- Sprinter: A much faster version of the Swarmmer, but even weaker.
- Dried Zombie: They pretty much replace Swarmmers by the end of the game. They have nearly double health of a regular Swarm Zombie.
- Butcher: A giant zombie that will tear down walls and attack turrets just for the heck of it. What’s worse is that when you kill it several worms will erupt from its stomach.
- Worms: Weak but fast, several of these will emerge from dead Butchers.
- Shadow: A moderate health zombie, these are remarkable because they can just walk through your turrets and walls like they aren’t there. Be careful because they move fast and can be at the end of your lines before you can spot them.
- Strong Sprinter: A stronger, faster version of the Sprinter make sure to kill them fast because they can swarm you quickly.
- Mamushka: Its huge and has lots of health, and when it dies it splits into two more zombies, and when they die they split into two more zombies. Just a couple of these guys can turn into a swarm.
- Robot Clowns: These guys will explode on death and will destroy walls and turrets if you aren’t careful. They also have moderately high health so make sure that your turrets are high level.
- Devastator: A giant zombie with tons of health, it is able to summon a skeletal horde and create a destructive aura that can kill turrets, walls, and even soldiers on high ground in a small area. Be careful because they won’t go down easy.
- Skeletons: The minions of the Devistator, these moderate heath zombies will attack walls and turrets.
- The Ruin: The biggest zombie in the game the ruin has LOTS of health. It will also send out four fiery tendrils occasionally that can knock down turrets and soldiers on high ground. Not to be taken lightly. It takes 4 necro nukes to bring it down.
There are 7 levels in this game
- Mean Street: "This narrow and dark street is a good place to ambush The Zombies,you should also be able to get some men onto the rooftoops to keep them safe."
- Sub-Zero: "The Zombies has tracked down this human refugee camp in the mountains. it should have been safe, but it isn't. luckily it should be easily defended... for a while."
- Dead Warehouse: "Stop the zombies from getting through this cramped warehouse to the exit, funnel them in, trap them, and destroy them."
- Shop Til You Drop: "Fighting in the open is normally a poor chance when outnumbered, but this time we have no alternative. use turrets and sandbag to guide The Zombies into Killzones of your own design."
- Killtop: "We are at risk of being surrounded. The Zombies will come from multiple directions through this vegetated Hilltop. Choose you possition carefully."
- Touchdown: "Chaos ensued after zombies invaded the stadium. The surviving people have exited, but we need to hold off zombies here so they don't spread to the suburbs."
- Cleanup On Aisle 13: "Zombies are swarming into the departement store from the western wall - Stop them from getting past you and into the mall at all cost"
- The Butcher is called "Bloater" in the game
- The Devastator is easier to kill than in SAS3 however he has a green aura atatck that smacks your towers quickly!